I don't really know what happened, there. Life, I guess. Been meaning to get back to this, and to do...something about my spiritual life. Hasn't really been happening, but when I woke up this morning to a full blown anxiety attack, I realized I had better stop stressing over the things around me, give it to Jesus, and put my head down and DO. Perhaps stop beating myself up for not having a robust, monastic prayer life; a poem, authored by a fellow mother, found here, resonated deeply with me.
Matthew 27:32-56, Mark 15:21-41, Luke 23:26-49, John 19:17-37
Gearing up for this election day, trying to calm my fears about the outcome, living in a time and space where believers are reviled when the evil one prevails, as if that temporary victory were proof positive of the absurdity of faith, these readings on the Crucifixion all contain the same account of this sort of mockery, of this upholding of Christ's (apparent) weakness as evidence of His lack of Divinity, of His complete and broken humanity. The words of the soldiers and the jeering crowd echo in my head, even as I try to remember that the Death was not the end of the story, that three days brought about the end, or rather the Beginning, for those who held faith. <3
thankful to "hear" from you - haven't forgotten to be lifting you up in prayer these past few days - think of you often - I've missed you.
ReplyDeleteI have missed you, too! It is good to be "back", however sporadically. Love you!
ReplyDelete