Because I always have something to say.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Leviticus 25:22-26:46

"I will give you peace in your coasts: you shall sleep, and there shall be none to make you afraid. I will take away evil beasts and the sword shall not pass through your quarters. You shall pursue your enemies, and they shall fall before you. Five of yours shall pursue a hundred others, and a hundred of you ten thousand: your enemies shall fall before you by the sword." Leviticus 25:6-25:8

Yet another reassurance in the face of this endless religious liberty battle. I've also learned my lesson: seize the earliest chance to do my reading! If I had read these words this morning (instead of now, while Teddy gets ready for bed), I might not have felt so despairing at the vehemence of a woman who's opinion I otherwise resect, as she spouted the propaganda that has been specifically designed to further the attack on the First Amendment. As it was, placing it in the hands of Mary gave me words of charity and calm, instead of my usual knee-jerk snarky condescension. So, score one for the Blessed Mother!

Remembering tonight that no matter how legion the forces against us seem, no matter from how many sides the attacks come, "(my) enemies will fall before (me) by the sword [of Truth spoken in Love]".


1 comment:

  1. I receive great comfort and peace knowing He has already won the war. That He is with us in the battles to win souls. Focus, Faith, and Trust in His being in complete control and knowing that we are fighting on the side that won!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful conversations are my favorite kind. Comments are temporarily moderated, just until we get up and running. Thank you for your patience.