Because I always have something to say.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Exodus 32:1-34:35

"He answered: I will shew thee all good, and I will proclaim in the name of the Lord before thee: and I will have mercy on whom I will, and I will be merciful to whom it shall please me." - Exodus 33:19



"He" in the above is God, for the record. As assurances go, this seems to be a mixed bag. Being shown all good and having the name of the Lord proclaimed in me? Yes, please. The part about "mercy on whom I will" makes one sit up, take notice and be on one's best behavior, I shouldn't wonder. It certainly makes me mindful of times when maybe I wouldn't have been so deserving of mercy...times when, as I wrote in an earlier post, I took the easier way of "non-confrontation" (more like "non-defensive of good and truth when it would be unpopular"...), or when I may have not been a good witness to His love and compassion. Or, worst of all, when I have "lukewarm"...Revelation 3:16



This has much self-reflection for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful conversations are my favorite kind. Comments are temporarily moderated, just until we get up and running. Thank you for your patience.