So, I never took a before picture. Oh, well. It's Day Five of the Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge, and each day is a little...different. I broke out VERY badly in my "problem area" on Day Three, but a few swipes of tea tree oil on a cotton ball, and a LONG session with a "honey mask" and today I think the blemishes are a LOT smaller and "deeper" (if you know what I mean) than they were when I started. I am hopeful and encouraged!
The stickiness is definitely something to get used to, and there has been a time or two when I realize I wasn't as thorough with the rinsing in one area of my face or another (the "overhang" of my lower lip above my chin is an elusive spot!), but these are minor problems that don't cause me any lasting hesitation.
I took Teddy to the Farmer's Market this morning, where he had his first encounter with a harmonica.
I was hoping that my honey people would have squeezy bottles for me to take in my luggage as we travel this week, but, alas. I had seen a honey stand on the side of the road on our way to the market, and had observed squeezy bottles on the table there, so I stopped to check 'em out. Turns out the squeezy bottles were for giving samples. Le sigh. I sampled the honey, though (all raw and "local", meaning that the man's hives range from a town about two hours drive due south all the way along the coast to a town about twenty minutes due west of us), LOVED it all, but bought only one jar (a two pounder!) of white sage honey for twenty bucks. THAT honey will be for eating. It tastes delicious like buttah. If I had bought some for face washing, I probably would have gone with the Wild Mountain Flower version, since he said that was the one you would pick if you have allergies. Maybe the wider array of honey-producing plants has something to do with it? He said that it also had "more pollen" in it, which is probably a big booster of allergen-fighting properties...I don't know. I've only read a couple of books; I'm no expert. (It's a little...weird...that I can't get any google returns for this guy's honey biznez...hoping it wasn't a bad idea to write a check...). ANYWAY. So, now I have the unenviable task of funneling some honey from my OTHER great big jar o' honey into a wee little airplane-safe squeeze bottle, so as to continue this experiment on the opposite side of the country.
Oh, well, at least the mess I'll make will be edible. :)
I couldn't follow the Honey Challenge---I was scared because at that time, my face had just recovered from the worst breakout I've had in my life. I didn't want to do anything new... And I had bad experiences with some types of honey before, after using it for facial massage or mask. But I learned that yup, not all honey are created equal. I only use Manuka Honey in my beauty recipes and a friend told me that there exists a cosmetic grade of Manuka Honey which is used in spas. She reminded me to look for the label next time---but well, I'm assuming it's gonna be expensive 'cause even the normal MHoney isn't exactly cheap here in Singapore. I guess once my skin condition fully stabilizes, I'll give the challenge a go! :D
ReplyDelete