Part of what we're into around here is what many would call "crunchy" living. I just call it "doing my best to be healthy, natural and not too materialistic". This is kind of a struggle for me: in my insecurity and weakness, wanting to get along with everyone and to have them all like me (working on that; it has lead to some pretty toxic situations, and hasn't been good for me OR for my little family. It's a big project of mine!), I end up going along with too much and getting sucked into materialistic and consumeristic mindsets (brand awareness, replacing perfectly good and functional items with whatever is "better", falling into marketing traps, especially in terms of toiletries, cosmetics and, weirdly, kitchenware...) and then I wonder why it's "never enough". EX. HAUST. ING.
Enter Crunchy Betty. This woman has been such an inspiration as I try to clean up my exterior AND interior (emotions and perceptions) act. She researches ingredients, exposes harmful or shady products, and has these amazing recipes for making your OWN toiletries, using healthy food (that you can also eat...it's two birds and one healthy, delicious, skin clearing stone!). She writes about Throwing Away Your Sad Magnet. Her call to take the "It's Not Just Business" pledge keeps me aware of what I'm putting in my shopping basket, onto my skin, into my body and what I'm letting into my life and my mind.
And now, I'm taking her Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge. (Link will be live on Monday July 18.)
I've never really had BAD skin, but I also never really had GREAT skin, either. And what with some sun damage, a pregnancy and now a busy toddler, my not-so-great-skin is starting to look pretty blah. I started the oil cleansing method a couple of months ago, and the results were mixed. On the one hand, my unblemished skin was clearer than I could remember it being. On the other, the blemishes were VERY blemishy. Maybe it's my skin just detoxing, but that isn't supposed to last this long, according to what I've read via google. So I think this "wash your face with honey for two weeks" idea sounds pretty good!
Of course, cleaning up my act does not end with my face or hair or emotions or perceptions. There's a pretty intense spiritual detox going on, as well. That's another post for another day. :) For now, let's get honey-cleansing!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughtful conversations are my favorite kind. Comments are temporarily moderated, just until we get up and running. Thank you for your patience.